Chiropractic is a branch of health care that deals with disorders of the nervous and musculoskeletal systems and the impact of these disorders on the overall health of an individual. Chiropractic therapy deals with the prevention and treatment of neck pain, back pain, pain in the limbs and joints, headaches and other related conditions.
Who is a chiropractor?
Chiropractors are trained professionals who deliver chiropractic therapy to patients. Chiropractors have broad diagnostic skills that help them diagnose the cause of a painful symptom. They also have the skills and knowledge to suggest a rehabilitative or therapeutic strategy to resolve the painful condition of the patient.
Chiropractic Treatment Options
Perhaps the greatest advantage of a chiropractic therapy is the non-invasive nature of the therapy and the abstinence from using medications. The best chiropractors like the chiropractors of Gilbert AZ never recommend the intake of medicines and try to alleviate the symptoms of pain without the need to perform any invasive procedures. Here are some of the commonly adopted chiropractic treatment options:
- Spinal Adjustments and Manual Therapies: Chiropractic adjustments or manual manipulations are popular chiropractic therapies for treatment of lower back pains. Here a chiropractor applies manual manipulation on the vertebrae to adjust the vertebrae back to its normal condition. The manual adjustments may reduce the subluxation and nerve irritability and thus increase the functionality and range of motion in the affected region.
- Electrical Nerve Stimulation: Similar to acupuncture therapy where needles are used, electrical nerve stimulation involves the placement of electrodes at various points on the skin and passage of light electrical pulses through the electrodes to the different areas of the body for reduction of pain and inflammation and putting a check on muscle spasms.
- Massage Therapy: Massaging helps improve painful conditions by enhancing blood circulation and thus speeds up the body’s own healing power.
- Ice and/or Heat Therapy: Heat and ice therapies may be adopted by chiropractors to bring relief to the patient from back pain or muscle spasms. Ice and heat therapies may be alternated in repeating cycles to heal the affected area. First, ice pack is applied to the affected area for 10-15 minutes for numbing the area. Next, a heating pad or wrap can be used to restore blood flow to the affected region.
- Rehabilitation Exercises: Exercises help patients overcome neuro muscular diseases to a great extent. Efficient chiropractors like the chiropractors of Gilbert AZ instruct the patients to follow a set of stretching and strengthening exercises to improve their condition.
- Advice on Lifestyle Changes: Chiropractors also advise the patients to adapt a number of lifestyle changes. Often, the work conditions of a person may subject the person to neuromuscular or musculoskeletal problems. Chiropractors will advice individuals subjected to such work related conditions ways and means by which they can overcome such situations in the workplace which subject their body to further stress. Chiropractors may also suggest dietary changes to a healthier and more nutritional diet that will fasten up the healing process. The patient may need to undergo a number of changes and modify the way they lead their lives to check the source of their problem or speed up the recovery process.