While some orthopedic injuries can heal on their own, others require urgent treatment. Such injuries and problems include:
- Cuts and lacerations
- Ligament tears
- Painful, swollen joints
- Pediatric injuries
- Sports injuries
- Sprains, strains, and discolorations
Orthopedic Injuries that should be urgently treated by an orthopedic doctor or surgeon –
Any injury or condition that can prove serious or life-threatening should be treated at a hospital ER, such as –
- arm or leg is severely fractured and/or out of alignment
- bone is fractured and exposed through the skin
- significant blood loss has occurred
- other injuries from falls or accidents are present
- severely injured children
Children who require urgent orthopedic care include:
- children with a fractured bone, are experiencing pain and/or are irritable, despite treatment and medication. Any pain, swelling, redness, tenderness at a site or injury that has been treated may also require urgent medical attention.
- children who have no obvious symptoms of an injury but is crying, restless, feverish, and unable to walk. This could indicate a serious hip joint infection.
- children with large, deep cuts or wounds
- children with positional deformities of the limbs
To learn more about orthopedic injuries and treatments, call the top orthopedic surgeon in Gilbert, AZ, call OSPI Arizona at 480-899-4333. OSPI’s Board Certified orthopedic surgeons offer complete care and treatment for individuals in all stages of life, participating in all levels of activity. This includes orthopedic, physical therapy, chiropractic, medical weight loss, hormone replacement, performance training, pain management, podiatry, regenerative medicine, stem cell therapy and family practice.